How can I get verified as a writer on nDash?
nDash isn’t for everyone. Although anyone can sign up, writers must meet certain criteria around location, payment methods (Stripe), and expertise in order to get verified and receive paid assignments.
nDash goes to great lengths to ensure that brands are only approached by vetted, professional writers. Our review process is designed to ensure that you’re a real person with a strong, relevant writing background that’ll be a fit for our clients.
Criteria for Getting Verified on nDash:
- A completed writer profile - this isn’t bare bones, this is having a LOT of information available about your background, expertise, and work history (so we can see where your expertise lies)
- Writing samples to back-up your expertise - we're going to see if you have writing samples to back-up the topics you can write about in your profile. We need more than just Medium samples, so please include paid content work!
- Your About Me section is grammatically correct - while this sounds small, it is a go-to section brands will look at to (1) get a feel for your writing style and (2) check for spelling and grammar edits
- You’re active on LinkedIn - this way we can verify you are who you say you are. We’ll also ask you to give us a “follow”.
- Your profile is for YOU (i.e. your real name) - We don’t forbid pen names, however, we’re not advocates for them either. If you make a good case for have one, we’ll push it through. In rare cases, the nDash team will ask for a short video call to verify your identity.
- Stripe Account - You have active, approved Stripe account from one of the following countries:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Other things that'll help your chances of getting verified:
- Education - while you don’t need a masters, if you have a Masters in Electrical Engineering and it’s one of the topics you have listed as a writing expertise (which you can show examples of), it further backs-up the expertise you're showcasing
- Work History - while you don’t need 10+ years of experience in any given field (although it helps) if you have 8 years of experience running a marketing department and you’re saying marketing is one of the topics you can write about (which you have examples of), it helps
- Recommendations - at least 3 recommendations from clients
Please Don't Do This:
- Don’t email the community team multiple times checking-in on your verification request - we receive all requests for writer verification. If you took your time to fill out your profile - and your expertise fits the brands we have on nDash - we’ll reach out
- Don’t write the bare minimum on your profile - if you're serious about landing work on nDash, then please take the time to complete a thorough writer profile
- Do not connect to a fake social profile - if you do this, we do take note, and won't push your profile through
To learn how to request access to the nDash community, read this help topic.